10 July 2006

Sayonara Party



My parents threw us a going away party with many of our friends from church and around New England. The house was packed. The funny thing was that some people at the party I had never actually met before! However, most that I didn't know were friends of my parents and I had heard of them, so it was nice to actually meet them and put a face with the name.

If you are wondering what is inscribed on the cake above in the photo, it says "sayonara" in kanji characters (meaning "goodbye" in Japanese). Gotta hand it to those Costco folks - they are pretty talented with their cake decorating abilities.

 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. So sorry we couldn't be there. We did everything we could but were unable to secure the necessary arrangements to be able to attend.

    We still love you! Sorry we missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute shirt, Jules :) Great picture of you guys!! How sweet that they threw you a going-away party. And tell your mom her new kitchen looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:28 PM

    What a great idea, that was nice of them! I still can't believe how long your hair is.

    ReplyDelete