
Except that he's not limited to rap - he 'll sing it all! Noa had a blast this past weekend at karaoke. I've captured a few of his best moments on film (he, he, he...). In the middle photo he's singing with his friend Joe, who was there with his wife, Meghan and another couple, Sean and Beth. It was agood group to sing with. We all had many turns with the mic and went home with sore throats. Even I got a little too into it. Here I am belting out "It's Raining Men":

We spent the rest of the weekend doing all kinds of random, fun things. Saturday morning we awoke to a huge breakfast in honor of Noa's birthday from Meg and Joe. Then we all visited several stores looking for some furniture. We had lunch at A & W, which they have enverywhere here. It's kinda like McDonalds or Starbucks - they are on every street. The interesting thing was that I didn't think the food was that good. It wasn't very filling and seemed to lack something. But the soft serve ice cream - or what they call "soft cream" - was yummy! Although we didn't find any major furniture pieces, we did get a room divider screen and a rug for our dining room (sorry no photos yet!).

On Sunday, we attended church, did random house stuff, I worked (but fit in a little Sunday nap too!), and in the evening we had games at our place. On Monday (Columbus Day), Noa worked in the morning and then went diving. I, sadly, could not go since I had put off a majority of my work to play over the weekend and had to put in the hours at school. I was so sad not to join them, but I had to get more work done at school. So, I tried (in vain) to convince Noa that he was actually just scouting out the diving spot for me to see if it was any good.
I think Noa had a good birthday weekend overall. He got to talk to family, hang out with friends, and got a call from his best friend serving overseas. I think he'd agree that turning 29 isn't all that bad.

Looks like you guys had fun! Glad to hear you had a great weekend. Miss you all, hope the pups get there soon.
ReplyDeleteI wish it could be Noa's birthday every weekend. I had so much fun!
ReplyDeleteMeghan
No comment that could be printed here... ;)
ReplyDeleteHope that some day we can celebrate our birthdays together again... though the sign made its appearance again this year.
Julie, you're a natural!
ReplyDeleteYou guys always seem to have so much fun!! If I had a book of what "twenty-somethings" should be doing ... you're it.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy.
Noa and Julie, You have been holding out on us. We never knew you were soooo talented. Love your blog site and your singing pics. let me know that you both missed your calling----lol. Happy B-day Noa and see ya Monday Julie!
ReplyDeleteIrisha, Nathan & Baby Azlan :~)