03 October 2006

Giving Back

We woke up Sunday* to some Japanese little leaguers out by the sea wall picking up garbage. I had never seen this before, so I don't know if it's a regular occurrence, but I found two things comical about it. One: they were using chopstick-like utensils to pick up the trash, and two; they were wearing their uniforms. I guess they don't want to be though of as just some great kids who are cleaning up this lovely island. Noa tried, in vain, to yell "thank you" to them (in Japanese, of course), but his calls went unnoticed.





This spurt of environmental responsibility spurred us to fulfill our planetary duty in keeping the earth green: we took the Starlet out to Kadena and bought some plants for our apartment! Now we have something to water and nurture...well, at least until the dogs get here.


*I've been trying to blog for a few days now, but the computer has been working against me...grrrr.... Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:59 PM

    Wow, wish the little leagers HERE did stuff like that- it's a great idea. Glad you have something to keep alive for the time being. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete