After several days exploring the city of Bangkok, Noa and I are packed and ready to head to the coastal city of Hua Hin. We're taking the train this morning - which I'm sure will be an interesting experience - and then plan on spending the rest of the day on the beach.
Bangkok has been a learning experience and I have enjoyed my time here. Both Noa and I are fine - we were not affected by the recent bombings that occurred here on New Year's Eve. In fact, we would not have known about them had it not been for the morning news on tv. Originally, we were going to celebrate that night at the World Trade Center, but decided instead to forgo the crowds and stay at the hotel. Good decision - that's where one of the bombings took place.
Our time in Bangkok has mostly involved sightseeing, as we spent our day visiting temples and castles. The people here have been extremely friendly and good-natured. It's a busy time in the city and it's flooded with tourists now, so we've met people from all over the world. Even when we are in our hotel, we encounter so many interesting people. You never know what language the other people riding in the elevator will speak. So, we go with English and wish them a happy new year - it usually works.
I hope to blog one more time from Hua Hin, but I'm not sure what kind of internet options will be available there. I've taking a ton of photos already with my new camera so there will be lots to share upon our return.
Oh, and happy New Year to you!
If there is one thing about resort areas in Thailand is that there is no shortage of Internet cafes. Can't wait to see those pictures! Enjoy the beaches!
ReplyDeleteHey guys - just wanted to let you know that we think of you often & miss you lots. Have a wonderful vacation - and see if you can turn off "teacher's brain" for at least a little while, Julie! Much love to the 4 of you! -Vanessa
ReplyDelete