20 April 2007

Hampostles Unite!

I don't even know where to start in blogging about our trip to Colorado. In summary, it was a fabulous trip. To be back with the Apostles again makes me feel whole. It was as if we had never missed a beat since last seeing each other. Jess did a great job blogging about the daily activities; here are my favorite highlights:

Massage: Upon arriving to Colorado after a 22-hour trip from Japan, Mike and Jess had scheduled each of us an hour massage. It was the perfect way to start the trip and deal with jet-lag. I'm trying to fill out the paperwork here - I'm sure my answers are incomprehensible at this point.


Snow: We were fortunate enough to get snow on our first full day there. Mike and Noa even went skiing (with freshly powdered slopes). I loved it. It brought me back to my days in New England.


Hiking: We got to experience the beautiful Colorado terrain on Sunday with a hike in the snow! I didn't love how I felt like a smoker as I hiked up the trail. My lungs weren't quite used to the altitude at that point. However, the beauty of the surroundings and the great company, the Apostles and their friends the Seebas, made it a great time.

Noa and I scrambling up the rocks.





These trees reminded me of powder-white old lady hair.




Shellie and I at the top of Arthur's Rock.



Sarge: Wow - he had grown so much! I loved hanging out with Sarge, playing with him, taking him out for poop runs. I only wished Gunnar was there to keep his friend company. I can't decide what his funniest antic was this week: it's either chasing the reflection of his tag from the sun or learning to open the storage ottoman to get to his toys. Sarge is my favorite rottie ever!


Holidays: When we lived in Jacksonville, we spent almost every holiday with Mike and Jess, so it was great to be back together again for Easter. We went to a friends' house, Rob and Lindsey, who hosted a big dinner, Easter egg-dying, and games!



Shellie, me, and Lindsey dying Easter eggs.


The girls (yeah, I know Jess posted this photo, but it's a good one!).


Playing Taboo (notice Mike in the dog crate!).


Dancing: There was no shortage of this at the Apostles. We had one impromptu dance party and then one planned party with dancing (Mike is pretty much the best party host on the planet), complete with a strobe, colored lights, fog machine, the works. It was fun to help them prepare for the festivities like we used to in Jax. Noa, as usual, was a dance machine.



This is very Japanese of us - peace, baby.


HAMPOSTLES!



Jess: Probably the best thing next to being in Colorado with Mike and Jess, is the time Jess and I spent together. Mostly, we did shopping - lots of it. I did a lot of shopping for school and for clothing (online shopping just doesn't cut it when it comes to buying clothes). Jess was outfitting her new house. But we also did other things together, like running errands, DIY projects (painting some shelves), and got our nails done. Together, anything is fun and this time was no different. I cherished every moment with my best friend, whether it was picking up Sarge from day care, cleaning the house, or doing laundry, it was time together. I had a hard time leaving, knowing that I won't have those kind of moments again for several months.

She took me to her hair dresser so that I could finally do something with the mop atop my head.


Our self-portrait.


Pedicures.


On our last night (this is me prior to bawling my eyes out about leaving).


There is so much more I could blog about: playing games, hot-tubbing it, picking out furniture - but really, you get the idea - it was a blast. Mike and Jess, you know we love you and can't wait for the Hampostles to reunite again. Give Sarge a kiss for me.


6 comments:

  1. Best.Week.Ever.

    Enough said.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:12 PM

    I have enjoyed both the Apostle's blog and this update - just a couple of observations:
    Noa - it's good that you had a massage scheduled because I see from your picyure you couldn't sit up straight (or you're evil, I'm not sure which)
    Julie (my sweet daughter) - why is everyone else using a coffee cup to color their eggs and you're using a martini glass......?
    Lastly, and the most comical - a note to the teacher, used in the context of crying, BAWLING is spelled with a "W".
    I'm glad you had a good vacation.
    Really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:24 PM

    Hey! I don't know who's using my unique signitures, but I would never talk about my little girl like that! And the guy can't even spell "picture"! Is there no control in these blog things?
    Anyways, I (Dad)(and Mom, too) am glad your travels went well. Rotties are nice, but we all have a special place in our hearts for Iggies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picky Daddy/Teary-Eyed Daddy-
    My apologies for the spelling error. Hey, we all make mistakes and after writing a "mega-blog" it's bound to happen. I tried to respond to Jess' blog the other day and totally botched up the spelling on my response. I think my fingers may have a mind of their own.

    Oh, and the martini was handed to me in the midst of egg-dying, although I can see how it might look otherwise.

    Noa is sitting up much straighter now that he is relaxed.

    Now, about confusing your "t"s with your "y"s.....

    Just kidding with you! Love you Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:19 PM

    so great! this post nearly made me cry, i was so excited about the recounting of your guys' adventure. i love the face sarge is giving noa and jess as they are "dancing" pretty amazing! i miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh - I may fly out there just for the massage! Ha! So glad you all had such a great time. This post made me smile!

    ReplyDelete