28 May 2007

Beautiful Aka

Noa convinced me to take 2 days off this holiday weekend to spend with friends on the beautiful island of Aka. Aka is one of the small islands off of Okinawa; it's only an hour and a half ferry ride to get there.

Aka truly is an island paradise. We spent time hanging out with friends, exploring the island, snorkeling, swimming, and sunning. Here are some photos from the weekend. I'm already looking forward to going back and diving Aka someday.


Noa and I at one of the many look-outs on the island.



The island has many deer. We went looking for them at night.



Some of the group on our night walk exploring the area.




A (large) hiding hermit crab.



Beautiful beach photos (I felt like I was in Hawaii, minus all the tourists, while on the beach)





Sewer covers depicted the deer.



The ferry



The view from our minshiku (basically, a guest house/hotel).

No comments:

Post a Comment