24 July 2007

Home SWEAT Home

Yep - you read that right. We're back in hot and humid Okinawa. With the humidity it feels like 100 degrees out. Ugh! I had forgotten how drastic it is here, but I was quickly reminded as soon as I stepped off our plane. Our dehumidifiers are working hard to stave off mold.

We arrived home last night after a whirlwind trip to the US. First, I went to Fort Collins to see Mike and Jess. Then I headed to New England to see family and friends. Then Noa arrived and we traveled to New York for a wedding. Here are a few highlights from the trip:

Fort Collins, CO:

Sarge plants a wet one on Jess. I had lots of bonding time with Sarge and other local dogs. We found out that 2 more will be moving into the neighborhood shortly. Their yard will most likely become a doggy playdate locale in the near future.

Jess and I goof off in Target. I had just got my new camera and we were trying out the timer with these gigantic dog food bowls. Even these are too big for Sarge!

And what's vacation without eating out with 2 of my most favorite people?? The only thing missing was Noa.

New England:


There was a mass birthday party for me (June birthday) and Anya, Megan, and Anoli, who all have July birthdays. Best of all - it was ice cream cake!


I spent some time in Massachusetts with Cristyn and we went to visit our alma mater, Gordon College. We snuck into one of the newer dorm buildings and checked out the rooms. Here is our lovely self portrait. We joked that the campus is becoming a "real" college due to the growth of the campus - they are building a new science center, there are new dorms, parking lots and athletic fields.

There was a garden party at Noa's parent's house on our last night there. It was so great to hang out with friends and family in the midst of such a beautiful setting (Noa's mom is a very skilled gardener). Here are Aaron and Cristyn with us. Notice the cool necklace I'm wearing? It's a gift from Cristyn, who is a representative for lia sophia jewelry. I dropped a whole lot of dough after perusing the catalog. Oopsie.

Marc and Vanessa with their little one. We felt so lucky to see them since they have moved to Connecticut. Lucky for us, they were traveling to the New Hampshire area anyway for a family vacation.


The Bragdon family: (left to right) dad, Anoli, Noa, mom, and me


New York:

Noa demonstrates his water skiing skills. Although it was a beautiful day, that water was cold!

Here are the boys with the happy couple. Brian, on the left, went to Cornell with Garth and Noa, was a groomsman with Noa. Then, the beautiful bride, Carrie, with her new hubby, Garth and then, of course, Noa. This is one talented couple. Garth works for special forces in the Navy and Carrie is a vet!


And the other happy couple. We're back and the blogging continues....

9 comments:

  1. VERY cute necklace. I might have to drop some dough myself :)

    And of course, I love your red dress. And the earrings. You are very decked out!

    Glad you made it back safe. Good to hear your voice last night!

    Tell Noa his new blue shirt in that garden party picture is HOT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:31 AM

    Hey Julie,

    I love the red dress!! Was that from Ann Taylor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is from your very own Ann Taylor Outlet!

    Jess- Did you notice that he kinda glowed in the shirt? I had my new camera on some weird setting and every picture Noa is glowing. Guess he really does look that good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I just say, along with everyone here...you look ravishing in red. That dress is fantastic on you.

    Oh. And Noa looks good too.

    *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home guys! I'll see you in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:47 AM

    Julie you're looking model hot in your new dress and I never knew Noa cleaned up so well (or glowed for that matter)!
    -Akmed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Two things:

    1) We would have come up to see you even if we weren't headed to NH to begin with.

    2) Where's the credit promised for that great picture of your family? I'd sure like to see my name listed below it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:39 PM

    We haven't kept up recently, but popped back in and saw the beautiful picture of the 5 of you. Looks like you had fun! Maia/Steve

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:45 AM

    Julie did look amazing at the wedding. Great time. Marc...Julie and I were just commenting on how nice that picture of the family is...you have a great eye. Thanks for making the drive out to see us. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete