We were thrilled that it was still open for another hour. At this point we were all starving.
The beautiful view of northern Okinawa from the restaurant property - this view alone makes the trek up there worth it!
We were seated quickly. There are 2 areas to sit: one that is completely outside with tables and chairs and one area that has seats both inside and outside with Japanese-style tables. We went with a Japanese-style table on the porch area. Although these are fun to sit at, Noa can never quite figure out what to do with his knees.
This is the view from our table - beautiful!
Although it is a beautiful locale, the menu is slim. However, I happen to like the two foods listed: pizza and salad. Here is the salad (the Japanese salads almost always have corn in them).
There is a large selection of drinks. I ordered an ice coffee. It came on this adorable platter, complete with a miniature vase of real flowers and Okinawan brown sugar clumps.
And, finally - the pizza! They only serve one kind of pizza. It's not quite the kind of pizza that you'd find in the States. I picked off the sausage, which isn't my favorite, but it was still good and very satisfying! Between the four of us, we are 2 pizzas!
After driving home and having an impromptu game night at Meg and Joe's (Mah Jongg rocks!), Noa and I headed home. As we were walking to our car, there was a rustling in the tree above us. Come to find out, it's some of the fruit bats that inhabit this island. As soon as the sun goes down, bats are a commonplace in the trees and we got to see one up close. Next time I hope to catch a picture of one in flight!
So, if you visit us in Okinawa, we'll be certain to take you to Pizza in the Sky and you'll most likely see our nighttime creatures during your stay.
That bat is scary looking!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun time, and beautiful views of the city!
Great bat photo! I never got one of those. Glad you guys had fun at Pizza in the Sky! It makes me miss Okinawa. :(
ReplyDeletelove the bat. so cute. and ps i love my salad with corn. very yummy!
ReplyDeleteOoh! Something else to look forward to, for sure! I agree with Kate- those bats are cute. Maybe I can take one home as a souvenir. It could be a camp pet.
ReplyDelete