24 January 2008

Japanese Innovation


Noa and I decided to have breakfast for dinner. Just as I'm about to open the egg package, I realize that once again I am looking at innovative Japanese packaging. The eggs are in a clear, plastic container, which you don't have to open to see if any eggs are broken. I know that a few of the more expensive brands in the states do this, but are they sealed?? It's nice to know these eggs haven't been touched by who knows who. Also, there's a paper in there on the top with the date clearly labeled so that you can see how fresh the eggs are.
Another example of simple, but careful, deliberate quality in Japanese culture. Brilliant!
Oh, and they tasted good too.

2 comments:

  1. Now that is just ingenious!
    Wow! But how do they stack them so they don't break? And ship them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Another fabulous Japanese invention. I'd like that in the States, just fyi.

    Grosses me out to think of people touching all the eggs I take home and use! I've never thought of that before your post, and now I can't get over it :)

    ReplyDelete