27 July 2008

Working Hard in NH

I've been in NH for a little over 2 weeks now and working my tail off! The first week here, I taught the 4s & 5s class for Vacation Bible School at my parents church in addition to helping with some home projects and planning a baby shower for Cristyn. This past week, my mom and I overhauled the living room (painted it, cleaned the carpets and furniture, changed the furniture layout, etc) and did more shower preparation. Yesterday, we held the baby shower, which was a success and I started to pack to head out to my next destination: Colorado.

Thankfully, it hasn't been all work and no play. I've was able to fit in some other activities, like visiting my sister up at Camp Berea, taking a shopping trip at Ikea, and riding with my dad on his ride.

Celebrating Anoli's 27th birthday:


Taking a ride on my dad's Gold Wing:

Spending time with my grandparents:

And finally, throwing my pal, Cristyn, a baby shower:

Here she is opening her Japanese-patterned baby sling from yours truly.
Some of the decorations I made - cute, huh?
Measuring Cristyn for the ribbon game
The girls (L to R): Anoli, my mom, me, Cristyn, and Nancy, Cristyn's mom
The proud parents-to-be: Aaron and Cristyn

More travel photos to come!




6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you updated!! Cristyn's shower looks like so much fun, and GREAT decorations Julie!! Can't wait to see you TOMORROW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having a great sabatical in the states!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie! I'm glad your time in NH has been full and fun. The shower looks like it went great!

    Have fun in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:01 AM

    Julie, when will you be back in NH? How long are you in the states? It'd be great if we could meet up before leave. Maybe Farrah and I could both come. Love reading your blog.

    Emily V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I wish I had known you were in NH too. Sounds like we were there at the same time and I passed your parents' house every day taking my parents' dog for a walk. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:30 PM

    so, i am going to go ahead and make a plug to julie's parents...you seriously need to get a side car for your motorcycle. they are quite amazing

    ReplyDelete