I went out tonight to look for some curtain hooks and stumbled upon some Japanese ingenuity. These "cards" are to be put in a special frame and put out on display like any other framed pic, except these give off a pleasing scent. They are art air fresheners. Apparently, a company called Kaoru Art creates these. There were lots of designs to choose from - these especially caught my eye with their English randomness.
The bulldog: "I'm a bulldog. Sleeping is my hobby. For your information, I snore."
The pig: "I'm a pig. Neat and methodical. Don't think about eating me."
The rat: "I'm a rat. Some people hate me but I love everyone."
The duck: "I'm a duck. Walking with my tail feather shaking."
Sorry the pics are kinda blurry. I didn't want to take them out of the packaging (they are scented after all). I love how each animal has an introduction, as if I couldn't tell it was a picture of a pig. Who would actually use these? And who would ever consider these art? Talk about kitsch. Nonetheless, I had to buy some.
And no, I did not buy the corresponding frames.
I mean, come on...who DOESN'T have those hanging in their home?
ReplyDeleteSo funny. I would love to come to Japan simply to see the random stuff that can be bought.
Hope you are doing well!!
Hilarious Julie!! My personal favorite is the "shake your tail feather" duck!!!! Another Japanese ingenuity.
ReplyDeleteI am a rat?
ReplyDeleteI am a rat that looks like a hampster! This is my year! Love me!