04 January 2009

White Christmas

Due to my computer dying (good news - it's now fixed) and traveling to the states, blogging was difficult, but I'm back and have lots to catch up on.

I spent Christmas this year in New Hampshire with my family.  It was a wonderful trip and worth the long hours of travel.  Unfortunately, the 2 items I forgot to pack in my haste to leave were my camera chargers, so pictures weren't as abundant as usual.  However, I did get some use of one of my cameras before the battery completely died.  After that I used my sister's camera and tried to document highlights of my trip.  

I arrived in the middle of a snowstorm, which caused my flights to get rerouted to Charlotte and then to Boston.  I finally made it home at 3:00 am, but my luggage didn't arrive for another 2 days.  On the upside, the snow was absolutely beautiful.  I really miss New England winters.
The house was all decked out with Christmas decor.  Here's the Christmas tree in all it's glory.  The funny thing about the tree this year was that it didn't have the typical pine smell.  As soon as I walked into the living room, I smelled OLD CHEESE!  That was the mystery of the Christmas tree - why was it smelling like old cheese?  We still aren't 100% sure why.... 

At least it was pretty.
I got to decorate mom's famous cookies... and subsequently inhale them over the next several days.
As Christmas tradition dictates, Bailey received his potent catnip toy and attacked it with wild abandon.  We laughed so hard when he kept standing on his two back legs.
Another tradition: opening up presents in your pajamas!  Anoli and I model the scarves mom brought us from a trip to New Mexico.
My grandfather came over to spend Christmas day with us.  He really liked his new pot holders from Anoli.
 I practiced using my new camera lens from Noa on Bailey.  Bailey wasn't that impressed, but I had fun (until my battery died...).
After Christmas, Anoli and I went to visit Cristyn and meet her new little girl.  She is so precious and quite the little peanut!
More to come!  Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see more! Thanks for the fun update and glad you enjoyed such good time with the fam!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow! Look at the snow! I'm glad you love it, but I have to tell you that I don't miss the New England winters (or the walking to school in it) at all.

    So, cat whisperer, how'd it go? I laughed out loud at that photo of Bailey. So funny!

    I'm so glad you had a good trip home...and that you got to go home. Now do we get to start the countdown to when Noa returns?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:31 AM

    that Bailey pic is HILARIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie! It is great that you got to go back home. I to was able to come home and really enjoyed the snow also! It was a real treat for my boys. I wish that we could have connected up with one another but I had only heard that you would be home right before I arrived and like me, I am sure that you had many friends and family that you wanted to catch up with. Great pics and glad that you enjoyed your time with your family. Jenn (Chafe) Calderara

    ReplyDelete