Most Sundays, Noa joins a bunch of friends to play Ultimate Frisbee at one of the local school fields. I've never been...until this week. I finally made it out there to watch, take some photos, chat with friends, and get the dogs out of the apartment.
It was the perfect day for Ultimate - not too hot, a little overcast, and a big crowd showed up to play. After the players determine the teams (there aren't preset teams, they just divide whoever shows up), each team starts at each end of the field. The disc is then thrown and the game is on! Here's Noa's team starting out:
And, he gets right in there!
I don't know if you can zoom in, but Noa's face here is priceless. He's very passionate about Ultimate. Oh, and see that mastiff in the background - remember her. :)
He's up, up, and away!
He's even a good sport! That's our neighbor, Mike, next to him.
The scene was also a little doggie get-together. My pups mostly spent the time chewing on grass and wrestling each other, but I did get to walk the field with them and they did get to play with their buddy Bailey. Bailey is Mike's dog. He's such a sweetie.
Gunnar, who is usually my shadow, was so distracted by all that was going on around him. I can just imagine his brain trying to figure it all out, "wow, why are they running?! Where are they going?! Come back! Oh, you are...no, you're not...let me run with you....please?!?! Wait, what's that smell...."
I love this shot of Sadie. If you look carefully, you can see Bailey's profile in her eye. She was pretty calm the whole time...except when she would instigate a wrestling session with Gunnar when she thought I wasn't looking.
This gentle giant was on the other side of the field (remember??). Isn't she adorable?! I can't remember her name exactly, but it was something like Moochie. She was very friendly and sweet.
I'm looking forward to going back to watch Ultimate soon. I'll be sure to take more action shots to share and bring lots of dog biscuits.
I love the Sunday Ultimate games!!! Thanks for coming out Julie. And thanks for only including the pics where I look like I know what I'm doing...rather than those that have me bumbling the catch or throwing the disc into the dirt. These fellas make me feel old and slow every Sunday...especially Mike who I'm being a "good sport" to in the pic...I'm pretty sure he had just finished torching me the length of the field for a score. Great times! One of my favorite Oki activities.
ReplyDelete