New England has Dunkin Donuts every few blocks.
The South has a Waffle House at each highway exit.
In Okinawa you can get a drink from a vending machine whenever you are thirsty since they are located on every corner.
We all know that Seattle is the coffee capital since Starbucks originated there, but what I didn't know is that the entire state is serious about coffee. Picture this: you are driving around, running errands, and need a pick-me-up. Simply pull into the nearest strip mall and you're sure to find one of these babies in the parking lot:
This, my friends, is a coffee shack (also known as a coffee stand or coffee shed). These drive through/ walk up coffee shops serve your latte or mochaccino any way you like. They are all over the place - usually found in a parking lot. Here are just a few from two different streets nearby.
Apparently the competition can be so cut-throat that owners have resorted to opening naughty coffee shacks, (we don't frequent those). So far the only problem I've encountered is that these are all independently owned so my soy vanilla lattes have varied in taste from one shack to another. My new task is to determine which one is my favorite.
And you can bet I'll take you there when you come visit. :)
"Natte Latte" - How inappropriate!!! (But clever name)
ReplyDeleteI also want to say your new design is so cute. Maybe it's old, I apologize. I read your posts in my Google reader, typically.
Thanks again for calling, it really meant a lot.
There are some really great small chains around the area too. A couple of my favorites are The Woods and Whidbey Coffee.
ReplyDeleteGot to love coffee shacks. We have never been to a Naughty one. Great post.
ReplyDelete