28 October 2010

October 28th


Today is a milestone.  10 years ago today, Noa and I strolled down Marginal Way in Ogunquit, Maine.  After climbing out on the oceanside rocks, he got down on one knee and proposed to me.  Of course, I said yes.

I wish I could show you a happy picture from that time.  It was freezing  (I remember that my hands were almost as red as the puffy vest I was wearing), but it didn't keep either of us from smiling big, goofy, joyful smiles for the picture we had taken soon after.  Truly it was one of the happiest days of my life.  Alas, all our "older" photos are in a storage crate somewhere.  


Normally, this day is like any other day for us.  Today Noa came home from work with a dozen roses and an anniversary card.  At first I didn't get it.  And then I read the card.  Then the alligator tears came rolling down my cheek.  Then we went out for a nice dinner to celebrate.

I'm such a lucky girl.






*I'm finally taking advantage of some of the cool apps for my iPhone.  This one is called "Hipstamatic" and allows users to make photos look old school.  I like it!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy, happy anniversary! I remember that day!!! Good job, Noa.

    ReplyDelete