Welcome to our NEW HOME in Poulsbo, Washington. We are so excited about finding a place to call home and s-l-o-w-l-y make it our own.
First, the exterior. The house is considered a "rambler" or basically a one-level home. We are located in a small neighborhood tucked away in the woods, hence the tall evergreen trees behind the house.
Here is the front door. I can't wait to decorate the front stoop for Christmas in just a few weeks! The wreath is left over from the previous owners.
Open the front door and you'll come into a part of the hallway and a huge living room. Currently, we have no furniture to put in this space (when our shipments arrive), so I've got a blank slate to work with here.
I love the high ceilings and custom window treatments.
If you stand by the windows and turn back to the front door, you can see the entryway in it's entirety (sorry the photo is so dark).
Back at the front door, we'll now turn to the right and find another, smaller hallway. Did you notice the cool wall treatment? I love it, but I don't care for the wall lights. Those will eventually get replaced.
At the end of this hallway and to the right are two bedrooms, the main bathroom, and some linen closets.
Straight ahead is bedroom #1, which will someday be a nursery, but will most likely be a storage area and project space for now.
Bedroom #2 was a little challenging to photograph since it's smaller than the other bedroom. This will be our guest room (hint, hint: you are all invited to visit!!).
The main bathroom will need some minor renovations this year, specifically replacing the floor and countertop and painting the cabinets. Not pictured is the tub/shower, but you can see the skylight in the ceiling, which is a great feature. We have about four skylights in the house.
The other end of the short hallway leads to the master bedroom.
It's a pretty standard master bedroom. I'm not loving the ceiling fan, but it will stay for awhile.
Yes, that's another wreath left by the previous owners.
The master bathroom is HUGE. It's also a little outdated and will most likely see some upgrades in the coming year.
The toilet is separate from the main bathroom, so I call this the "toilet room."
The closet is next to the toilet room and is surprisingly smaller than expected in such a large bathroom.
Now, let's head back to the front door and turn to the left. First thing you'll see is the kitchen. Again, there's the cool wall treatments and not-so-great wall lights.
I LOVE the wood floor. Love, love, love it! It's one of my favorite things about the house. The pictures don't really do it justice. In reality it's a deeper brown color, not cherry at all. This picture is a little better at showing the color.
The kitchen....it's actually quite similar to the set-up we had in Okinawa, minus the cupboards that had glass in the doors. All the appliances came with the sale (score!). Even better, we have a dishwasher now!
Another skylight in the kitchen adds a lot of natural light to this space.
The former owner had decorated the house with a French country flair. Although very nice and tastefully done, I am not really into decorating my home with the French country look, so there are some obvious changes to make. One such change is the kitchen cabinets. Currently, they are painted an off-white color and distressed. I plan on painting them white and changing out the hardware.
Another change will be the pantry door. Again, I think the frosted wheat pattern is not bad, per se, just not my style.
One more view of the kitchen.
You might also notice our laundry room, which is the walk-through to the garage. The high-efficiency washer and dryer also came with the sale (score, again!). I'm hoping to have this floor tiled in the future.
If you stand in the kitchen and look back towards the front door, you'll see our dining area. I know I'm biased, but I think it's really cute.
The dining area and kitchen look into our den. I said that my favorite part of the house was the floors. My second favorite part of the house is the fireplace and mantel.
There's another wreath in this room!
These sliding doors lead to the backyard.
We have a small porch to step out on. To the left is a small shed that will be perfect for a lawnmower and other outdoor tools.
Here's the view to the right.
And here's the backyard. We need to fence off the very back of the yard so that the dogs can run freely back here. I know they will just love having a yard of their own.
That's it for the tour, but I'll be showing all the stages of making this house a home. For now, I need to get ready...the movers are coming soon!
Noa and Julie it is absolutely gorgeous!!! Can't wait to visit next summer. ;-)
ReplyDeleteThat looks just beautiful! I am soooo happy for you to finally have a home! Congratulations to all of you.
ReplyDeleteI love it! And your photos give a MUCH better feel for the place than the ones we were looking at online. I CANNOT wait to see you guys all moved in!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!!
SUGOY! SO excited for you! Can't wait to see the pics once you've made it your own.... and maybe some day we can visit! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Looks like the wait was well worth it. Marie says hello.
ReplyDeleteLooks great! Congratulations. Have fun decorating and populating it.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you, the floors are gorgeous! Great photo tour. Have fun getting moved in.
ReplyDeleteIt's awesome, Julie! I can only imaging how happy you guys are to be moving out of the "hometel!" :)
ReplyDeleteWow, great job, I LOVE it! I can't wait to see what you do with it. Congratulations guys!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE IT!!! I agree, it's totally better photographed than the first ones I saw :) It's gorgeous, love the layout, love the wood wall treatments and love the fireplace. It's perfect. So happy for you!!!
ReplyDeleteJulie, the house is AWESOME!! I'm so happy for you, and know you are so excited about such a perfect home! I can't wait to see the transitions as you make them!
ReplyDeleteIt looks so cute! Glad you've guys have found a house - it will be a "too adorable" home in no time with all your touches.
ReplyDeleteMiss ya tons! :O)
The house looks great! Now stop and unpack. Then take the tour again and make a list. Wait 3 months before you do ANYTHING! Then throw away the first list and make a new one. Pick one project and complete it. Re-do the list again now that you know lists are never complete.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your beautiful new home....those floors, the skylights, and that big back yard. We loved Poulsbo...is the Poulsbohemian coffee house still open? Have fun getting settled. Lots to celebrate today...Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great house! We cannot wait to visit!
ReplyDelete