29 May 2011

Feeling Loved

Recently, I had to go out of town due to a medical emergency of a close friend.  I barely had enough time to drop the dogs off at the kennel, let alone mow my grass one last time.  I dreaded coming home to the shell of a house I left in such a hurry.  As I pulled into the driveway last night, I noticed that the lawn had been mowed.  "Nice,"  I thought.  "I have such sweet friends."

Little did I realize their generosity did not end there.

When I woke up this morning and pulled up the shades, I found that my initial glance did not reveal the full picture.  Not only had my lawn been mowed, but all the weeds had been chopped, or pulled, and the whole yard had been groomed!  It was beautiful and frankly, I was speechless.  I choked down tears only to find out later that several of our dear Washington friends from our church small group had come over and taken care of everything for me in my absence.

I am one lucky girl to have such amazing friends who would give so selflessly.

Thanks, guys.  You make me feel so loved.





No comments:

Post a Comment