We had heard the rumors about our neighborhood being absolutely crazy on Halloween night. This year we got to see for ourselves....and the rumors were true! Our street closes down and hundreds of kids and parents pour into the neighborhood to collect candy and take in the sights. We opened up our home as "home base" to friends who wanted a fun place to bring the kiddos for trick or treating. We had about seven families show up, so we had lots of people coming and going, which made it fun to visit and enjoy the festivities all night.
I dressed as a mummy this year, which I thought was appropriate considering my 37-week pregnant state. I posed with Connie, the "deer" friend (ha ha...okay, I think I'm the only one who thinks that's funny....).
She was on the run from the hunters (hubby Jeff and her two boys). They are so creative!
Our house was tame compared to the neighbors' homes, but I thought it was still kinda cute. Next year we'll step it up a bit. Oh, and Noa tried to go as a "Celtics fan." Nice try, Noa...we'll get him to dress up next year.
Sorry for the blurry photo, but I had to share the pumpkins lanterns. I made them by drilling holes with my cordless drill. They looked awesome at night. Unfortunately I was so busy doling out candy that I didn't get a glowing photo.
The craziness started early...around 5:30 cars were already lining the streets. I snuck out early to get photos. Since my camera was acting strange, I decided to try to get some good photos before it got too dark and the shots were sure to come out blurry and weak.
Sorry the pics are bad....I was having serious camera issues. But, you get the idea. Here's the house with a cemetery yard.
And skeletons were right across the street. Noa loved the guy on the bottom of the photo.
This building was located right behind the skeletons. At night, there were lights, sounds, and fog that came from this thing.
This house is across the street. It was pretty impressive and better at night!
I couldn't capture all of this one, but the severed heads in the tree creeped me out. So does the ghoul - zombie guy in the corner.
I'm already looking forward to opening up our house again next year. I don't want to have goblins all over our yard, but I think we'll use more lights. I'm excited to see what next year will bring! Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment