Our house is in full Christmas mode! Anoli and Dad will be arriving this week, our Care Group's annual Christmas gathering is in a couple of days, and we are preparing Christmas cookies and cards for distribution. There was no way I'd be able to decorate the house without my mom, who has been staying with us. I love how everything turned out. Let's start with the tree - I went with a woodland theme this year, but included splashes of red in honor of Ruby's first Christmas.
Here's a close up of one of my new ornaments for the woodland theme. This squirrel is the perfect addition to our tree since this year Gunnar has decided that it's his mission in life to chase the squirrels in our backyard. I'll always think of Gunnar bounding through the yard in pursuit of his prey when I look at it. And, no, Gunnar has not caught a single squirrel yet.
Here's another view of the tree next to the couch. On the wall is the wreath I used last year on the front door. This year I added a "ruby bird" to the wreath and I also placed a festive throw pillow on the couch. After looking at this photo, I realize I could use some solid red pillows. Maybe next year....
The mantle is one of my favorites. I've had the garland for years and it looks perfect here! I'm also partial to all the sparkle up top. The picture does not quite capture it.
The stockings ended up in the dining room since we didn't want to crowd the mantle. I picked up the glittery letters at Target and love them!
I'm using the same display as last year for Christmas cards, except this year it's in the big living room with the addition of some Santas I had collected over the years.
The Willow Tree Nativity scene is also in the big living room. We set up a table nearby with a Christmas puzzle, which has been a fun project at night and allows us to use that room a lot more than usual.
My woodland theme was carried over into the entryway. We combined all the trees I had accumulated through the years, some random pine cones, and some deer to create this little scene on the black dresser.
And we took a cue from the Washington baby shower and created a Christmas candy bar on the counter! Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of this as soon as we made it, when it contained a lot more candy.
Noa did our outdoor light display this year. He did a fabulous job and even worked late into the night one night to complete it. Each year we hope to add more lights, especially since we live in a neighborhood that has a lot of light displays. Sorry for the blurry photo - I'm still learning how to take a decent picture of Christmas lights at night.
Finally, we placed wreaths around the house in order to make some of the empty areas feel a little more festive.
No comments:
Post a Comment