My (Julie's) family was here for three big events: Ruby's 1st birthday, my dad's birthday (I'll keep his number a secret, but there's a rumor that it's his 2nd time celebrating 45.....), and Thanksgiving. I cannot even describe how happy I am when family is here to celebrate holidays and special events. I think that these things have become so much more important to me now since we live far away from family and miss a lot of them. Plus, now that we have a kiddo in the mix, it's even more special than pre-kid.
Anyway, I already shared most of the birthday photos from Ruby's big day in the previous post, but here are a few that I thought I'd include in this post. Ruby loved spending time with her Auntie Anoli, especially when it involved dancing after an "annoying" monthly photoshoot from mama:
Playing with all the toys with Auntie:
Getting a ride in the new wagon from Auntie (see, I told you, Auntie is seriously fun to be with):
Oma had much to offer too, like her shiny necklace. Ruby went straight for it!
Since we had some babysitters on hand (thank you, Opa and Oma), Noa, Anoli, and I got to get out and catch our first ever Seattle Sounders game with our friends, Brad and Antje. It was pretty exciting since it was a playoff game and we sat only a few rows from the field. It rained pretty much the entire game, but that didn't stop the fans (or us) from cheering on our team. We stood the entire game, even when the rain decided to come down in buckets. Sadly, in the end, they lost, but it was still super fun and I loved the experience. I'm hoping we'll get to go to another game next year.
And, why yes, that's David Beckham (#23), playing for the LA Galaxy (boo, hiss...):
Go Sounders!!
Dad's birthday fell on a Monday, so we decided that we'd celebrate at dinner that night. We took the fam to one of our favorite little restaurants in downtown Poulsbo called Sogno di Vino. I think the favorite meal of the night was the short ribs - oh so tender! And I think we ordered one of every dessert!
We capped that night off with a viewing of the most recent Spiderman movie (dad's choice, of course). Since we were up late that night, Ruby didn't join us for dinner or the movie, but earlier in the day, she was sporting her "grandpa & me" shirt. Cute, right?
Thanksgiving day was spent hanging out, cooking/baking, and just enjoying each other's company. Bonus: my mom is an excellent cook and made Thanksgiving oh so tasty! I could probably swing the turkey, but I'm sure the sides would not have been so good. Thank you mom, for all the delicious food!
The fam:
The Thanksgiving table (yes, those are birthday streamers in the background...I just wasn't ready to take them down...):
Time to eat!
Oma and Ruby reading before bed:
Ruby with her Opa and Oma before they left to go back to NH:






No comments:
Post a Comment