We continued our tradition of hosting our Halloween open house this year with our Care Group friends and kids. We had almost 30 people at our house this year. It's always pretty crazy, but oh so fun to see everyone dressed up and having fun. I tried to get photos of every family, but Ruby was being Clingy-McClingerson with all the excitement and flurry of people. She was not really a huge fan of the crowds and even less of a fan of some of the teens coming to trick-or-treat at our house with scary masks. We did take her next door to visit with our sweet neighbors for a little, but mostly she stayed inside and hung out with me (Julie).
This year I wanted to go all out and use as many of the decorations that I could. I was pretty happy with the results. Here's the mantle:
Living room wall...it came out blurry. Bummer.
Yes, I made use of Ruby's recent artwork from daycare.
I turned Ruby's train table into a little area for the kiddos to color. I had purchased a few mylar balloons and they were pretty popular with the kiddos.
A few little Halloween touches on the bookshelf. There's still some candy left over from last night, so every time I walk by here, I tend to grab some. Hey, I'm pregnant - it's for the baby, of course.
Again, this is not a great photo (thanks to Clingy McCingerson), but here was the food table.
This year we decided to go with a family costume theme. We picked Ruby's favorite book, "Goodnight, Gorilla" by Peggy Rathman. Ruby was the gorilla (obviously), Noa was Joe, the Zookeeper, and I was the wife. We even included a few other little props from the story, like the mouse with the banana and the keys. Overall, Ruby did well with her costume, although she only kept her hat on for about an hour. Oh well, I thought it came out pretty cute overall.
And here's some of our friends (I love that all the adults dressed up too!!) - can you guess who they are?
There was one other big event on Halloween and that was our big gender reveal. I wore this shirt to work to let everyone know that we are having another GIRL! We are so excited!!
I am 20 weeks and baby girl is doing great! Our recent ultrasound showed a healthy baby girl who was really active!










No comments:
Post a Comment