10 July 2014

Learning Limits

I took an unplanned hiatus from the blog.  You probably noticed.  :)

Becoming a mother of two has been one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.  I am constantly tending to the needs of my kids (both of who are simply at a needy stage in life right now), the dogs, Noa, the house, and trying to fit in me time as well.  Trying to lose the baby weight, get a little exercise,  cook healthy food, and prepare for the move have also been pretty important tasks in my personal life right now as well.  But, at the end of each day, I realize that I just can't do it all.  Something has to give and usually it's more than one thing.  I was just telling a friend that some days I'm just trying to survive.  I have to keep my kids fed, healthy, and (hopefully) happy.  I want them to feel loved and taken care of.   This is more challenging than it sounds and I'm still trying to find that balance and learn my limits.  At the end of each day, I end up exhausted, with piles of folded laundry to put away, lingering birth announcements and thank yous to mail, e-mails to respond to, and stacks of mail to sort.  The last thing I have energy for is reliving our life through the computer.

Speaking of which, we are down to one computer (Noa's is essential dead without a power cord and is slower than a snail). His work projects and move-related work take priority over blogging.

The truth is that I love the blog.  I love having a place to keep a record of our lives and the opportunity to share it with our friends and family.  It doesn't show a complete picture of our life, but rather the highlights - really the things we want to remember.  I do wish I could write more, share more pics, and go into the details of our life, but the reality is that I just can't right now.  

I'm still going to keep the blog.  In fact, I'm *hoping* to go back and write some back posts from the past couple of months, but I know that I cannot blog every day, or every other day for that matter. Yes,  I love the blog, but I love my family more and right now, they need me more than the blog does.  My goal is to blog at least once a week and then maybe once the kids are a little bigger, I can blog more often.  And when it comes down to the nitty gritty, the blog is for sharing our lives and sometimes it just takes longer to get it all out there.  

In the meantime, here are some fun photos from the past week.  





No comments:

Post a Comment