Five months old and on vacation! That makes for one happy baby!
Age: 5 months
Weight: 12-ish pounds
Length: 22.5 inches long
Appearance: light brownish hair, deep gray eyes (we think they will turn to brown eventually), two teeth fully erupted on the bottom gums
Sleep: short naps during the day, 2-hour stretches at night, occasionally a 3-hour stretch, typically ends up in bed with mama
Eats: mostly breast milk, some formula if needed
Can: look at people, laugh/giggle, roll from tummy to back, grab objects, drool on everything, plays with her toes, respond to people, put objects in her mouth
Noa was helping to get Mila to smile during our photo session and he did a great job. It's not too hard for Noa to get a smile out of her because she loves her daddy. His voice almost always elicits a huge smile from her. Her whole face smiles when he talks or sings to her. I love it.
I often refer to Mila as "little Noa" because I think that she looks so much like him.
This has been a busy month for our family since we've been packing up to move and traveled extensively. I know it hasn't always been easy on the kiddos. Mila has endured all the changes and lack of a schedule pretty well. It probably helps that she's not a great sleeper. She's been able to fit in her cat naps just fine.
Some of her favorite activities include hanging out in her bouncer and exploring toys (or whatever bouncer we have available to us)….
….playing with her feet…
….but her favorite thing to do is to be around other people. She prefers to be held and wants to be part of the action. The bouncer, floor mat, and toys are fun and all, but being with people is where it's at for this baby. I have a feeling she may be a social butterfly as she gets older.
She really loves her big sister, Ruby, and Ruby adores her back. Every morning, Ruby runs up to her and excitedly shouts, "Mmmmmeeeeeennnnnnaaaa!!" I love it. Ruby can't quite pronounce the letter L yet, so Mila is "Mena" to her.














No comments:
Post a Comment