25 January 2006

All My Time


Many of you have never seen (nor heard of) the University of North Florida. Although it's considered a small state school, it's a big part of my life here in Florida and it's where I spend much of my waking hours. In fact, I plan on spending more time there this semester, since I am taking more classes than the usual workload and I find that it's easier to get studying done away from home, the dogs, the computer, magazines, books, the telephone.....let's just say, I'm easily distracted. I've been fortunate to be a part of this school and have really enjoyed my classes here. Thankfully, I am able to graduate as planned this April and due to being considered a Floridian* I won't go bankrupt in the process.

Last year the school rebuilt the library and I find myself fortunate enough to be able to actually use this new and beautiful building. The picture does not do it justice, but take my word for it - it's nice. I even get my own, locked, study carroll that is up on the 4th floor and overlooks another construction project for the school. Okay, so my study carroll is not that impressive, but it helps me get my work done and for one semester I actually feel like I "own" a little piece of UNF.


*This is because of living in Jax for one year, thus gaining my state residency requirment for tuition purposes. Nothing against true Floridians, but I will never actually consider myself one. I'll always be a Northerner, or "Yankee" as they call me here, no matter where our travels take us.

No comments:

Post a Comment