26 January 2006

It was bound to come up eventually....






Yep, you guess it - THE DOGS. Since I'm terrible about keeping in touch with family and friends I hope that this blog can serve as a window into our lives. Of course one of the biggest parts of our lives is our dogs, Sadie and Gunnar. We just love 'em and they keep us entertained. My favorite thing to do on the weekends is go to the dog park (I'm going to add the link on the side of my blog). This past weekend my friend Bettina and I took our IGs to the dog park to play. It's such a neat opportunity to hang out, meet new people and dogs, and let "the kids" get some energy out. The funny thing about the social aspect of the park is that you meet people through their dogs. Sometimes you never even know the owner's name, but you'll know their dog's name(s), birthday(s), favorite thing(s) to do, bad behavior(s), good behavior(s), etc. I talked with a guy this past weekend who's dobby is named "Trouble" (aptly named after eating a corner of their pool table) and I finally found out what his name was - two weeks after meeting him and Trouble. Last week Trouble ran around with Sadie and Gunnar, another dobby, and a terrier named "Duce." Did I ask any of the owner's their names? Nope and they didn't ask mine. It's part of the culture there, I guess. You have to at least wait until the 2nd play session to get a person's name. It is after all, about the dogs.

Anyway, the blue Italian Greyhound posted above is Louie, Bettina's playful boy. His tail is always wagging - he is soooo happy. Gunnar, who is now about 6 and a half months, with his newfound treasure and then Sadie, who turns 3 in May, looking sweet - she knows how to pose for the camera! Lastly, the IGs decided to pile up on Bettina, including another IG, Buster, who frequents the park as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment