28 February 2006

Dog Days and Cosmic Nights

This past weekend, Noa, Mike, Jess, and I all went out bowling at the beach. It was our lucky night: Cosmic Bowling Night. Although I would never consider myself a bowler, I have to say that I actually improved on my game, although that was until I had some beer. Then I was pushing to get 5o. And no, I was not drunk - just slightly impared in my already poor bowling skills. Nevertheless, it was a fun night and Jess took some cool photos.





On Sunday, Jess and I met up with a bunch of friends at the dog park and spent almost 4 hours there! I made a little collage of photos to share some of my friends' beautiful canine companions - they are all so wonderful. I got to meet a girl named Jen, who works with Jess and owns they beautiful Vizsla (Riley) pictured. It was fun to talk with her and have my dogs around, since Vizslas are a lot like German Shorthair Pointers (my next dog - after Japan, of course). Riley did well around Sadie and Gunnar, which is promising for future prospects. After our long visit at the park, we headed to St. Johns Town Center to grab some coffee with the dogs. Unfortunately, the temperature decided to drop and since we had to sit outside with the dogs, we had to get creative to keep them warm - notice Gunnar is sitting inside my fleece. Although it was freezing* we still sat and chatted outside while trying to warm ourselves with hot coffee. Of course, we couldn't have any deep intellectual conversation about the state of the world, since every person that passed us by wanted to pet the dogs and ask questions about them. Jess is so good about this. She's now so used to being out in public with Sadie and Gunnar that she simply pretends that they are hers and answers the many questions we get. You never know, maybe I'll convert her to become an IG mom someday! It was a fun, relaxing day - friends, dogs, and coffee - it doesn't get much better than that!

*Really, it was cold - probably around 40 degrees. I know that it's still not as cold as New England, but I think that temperature warrants some need for a hot beverage when sitting outside.

3 comments:

  1. The collage is way cute. Great post! And what a fun day it was, definitely need to do that again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great weekend! It's funny, when we got home Sunday night, I was reading Jess's post about your weekend and saw that picture of you guys at the bowling alley. I looked down and realized that I was wearing an almost identical short sleeved shirt with long sleeved white shirt underneath as you were in that photo. Hmmmm.....What does it mean?

    Probably nothing.

    Also...look at all the cute puppies! Gunnar and Sadie being the most cute of all, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete