Before you read this post, know that I was having some photo issues today, so I apologize if the photos seem a little scattered!!
After class on Saturday, I drove to Tallahassee to see my good friend Erica, who was celebrating her birthday this weekend. Not only was it great to see her (I don't get to see her very often), but it was my first visit to our state's capital, Tallahassee.

I arrived early Saturday night. Soon after my arrival, we met some of her friends at Chez Pierre - a classy French restaurant. The food was absolutely divine and the place was quaint and sophisticated. After our scrumptious dinner, we went to her friends' apartment for an even bigger celebration with more friends arriving, eating some lovely chocolate cake, and finishing the celebration with a killer game of "Apples to Apples" (one of my favorites).


Although it was a freezing* on Sunday, we decided to tour the city. First, we headed to the capital building, where we made fools of ourselves by taking photos of our heads lying on the capital lawn (notice the above photo). I think we were amusing the drivers who were waiting at the traffic lights in front of the capital.




Next stop: Florida State University, of course (you can't go to Tally without visiting there!). I got to see all the main sites there as well - Wescot Fountain, Bobby Bowden field, the student union, and all the random statues, which opened up many photographic opportunities (and more opportunities for us to make fools of ourselves in public - again notice the interesting photos above - oh, and yes, I am trying to look like I'm making out with the statue. I think the cold was getting to my brain).


Lastly, I got to see her new place of employment, working with the recreational division of the school at a conference/recreational site. Every workday, Erica gets to walk the beautiful grounds of the conference center - complete with a scenic lake! It seems like an extremely fun environment to work in - my sister (the recreational diva that she is) would love it!
All in all, I had a blast. The trip was way too short, of course. Erica is one of those friends who I can just "pick up where I left off" - there's never an awkward stage when initially seeing each other after long absences. Plus, she's my "southern friend" who teaches me all about southern life. She recently reminded me about the time I asked, "So Erica, what is the deal with Nascar down here?" (people are slightly obsessed with Nascar in these parts**). It was fun to see some of her life over in Tally and spend some qulaity time together celebrating her birthday. I can't wait to visit again, except next time I hope it's warmer!
Oh, and once again: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ERICA!!
After class on Saturday, I drove to Tallahassee to see my good friend Erica, who was celebrating her birthday this weekend. Not only was it great to see her (I don't get to see her very often), but it was my first visit to our state's capital, Tallahassee.

I arrived early Saturday night. Soon after my arrival, we met some of her friends at Chez Pierre - a classy French restaurant. The food was absolutely divine and the place was quaint and sophisticated. After our scrumptious dinner, we went to her friends' apartment for an even bigger celebration with more friends arriving, eating some lovely chocolate cake, and finishing the celebration with a killer game of "Apples to Apples" (one of my favorites).


Although it was a freezing* on Sunday, we decided to tour the city. First, we headed to the capital building, where we made fools of ourselves by taking photos of our heads lying on the capital lawn (notice the above photo). I think we were amusing the drivers who were waiting at the traffic lights in front of the capital.




Next stop: Florida State University, of course (you can't go to Tally without visiting there!). I got to see all the main sites there as well - Wescot Fountain, Bobby Bowden field, the student union, and all the random statues, which opened up many photographic opportunities (and more opportunities for us to make fools of ourselves in public - again notice the interesting photos above - oh, and yes, I am trying to look like I'm making out with the statue. I think the cold was getting to my brain).


Lastly, I got to see her new place of employment, working with the recreational division of the school at a conference/recreational site. Every workday, Erica gets to walk the beautiful grounds of the conference center - complete with a scenic lake! It seems like an extremely fun environment to work in - my sister (the recreational diva that she is) would love it!
All in all, I had a blast. The trip was way too short, of course. Erica is one of those friends who I can just "pick up where I left off" - there's never an awkward stage when initially seeing each other after long absences. Plus, she's my "southern friend" who teaches me all about southern life. She recently reminded me about the time I asked, "So Erica, what is the deal with Nascar down here?" (people are slightly obsessed with Nascar in these parts**). It was fun to see some of her life over in Tally and spend some qulaity time together celebrating her birthday. I can't wait to visit again, except next time I hope it's warmer!
Oh, and once again: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ERICA!!

*One of the bank signs I drove by recorded a temperature of 39 degrees. For Florida, that is darn cold. I know it doesn't compare to the gallons of snow dumped on New England and other parts of the east.
**I still don't understand the Nascar obsession.
Julie- thank you so much for coming over, I had so much fun. I miss you like crazy and enjoy how we pick up right where we left off. You are welcome anytime. Remember, if I get married in the next 3 years, you'll have another reason to come back to tally. Great pics, but the statue told me you were a bad kisser..while I was massaging his back...
ReplyDelete