27 April 2006

Anoli



My sister made it into town on Monday night and we've been having a blast hanging out and reminiscing about old times. She's been bonding with the furkids and they love her, especially Gunnar. Every morning he waits by her door for her to get up. We got our toes done (notice the above photo) and enjoyed some time for ourselves. In all this chaotic running around before graduation, Noa's marathon, and other things, it's nice to sit back, relax, and be pampered.




On a random note, I picked up my cap and gown yesterday and in my excitement to check it out, I noticed an unusual change in the usual graduation attire. I put on the gown and noticed that the sleeves, which I recall as normally resembling the look of a choir robe, had this long flap, instead of a wide opening that gradually comes to a point. What the heck? I think it looks dumb. The flaps look ridiculous and I feel like I have something hanging off my sleeve. As if I didn't already look ridiculous enough wearing a pointy-board hat, complete with tassel, now I have to wear this hot, scratchy gown with stupid sleeves. I thought I would feel distinguished getting my Master's Degree, but I'm feeling like the biggest dork in the room. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:58 AM

    aww- it's so cool that your sister is in town! I wish I could meet her! Good Luck with graduation-I'm so proud of you! I wish you a wonderful weekend with the family!

    ReplyDelete