07 April 2006

Stranger Danger

Yesterday, I spent a good part of the day at school, since the semester is winding down and I have a TON of work to finish up in order to graduate (yes - in 3 weeks!!). Anyway, after I had finished some computer work at the library, I headed out to the beautiful Florida sunshine to go find my friend who is working on a project with me. It was a gorgeous day - I think the temps hit 80 degrees! Anyway, as I was walking I noticed a girl walking in my direction, while talking on her cell phone. I realized that this was a friend of mine, who I had not seen since last semester, since she and I didn't have any classes together. It was kinda random to just run into her at school, since our schedules are now so different. Nonetheless, I was happy to see her. She seemed a little distracted, since she was on the phone, so I smiled and enthusiastically waved at her. I reached up to remove my sunglasses, so she sould see my face, and then I suddenly realized that she was not my friend. In fact, I didn't even know her - she simply resembled my friend from a distance. But, now I had already smiled, waved, and was looking directly at her. She continued talking on the phone, but it was obvious she saw me and she had that "where do I know her from?" look on her face. As she walked by I struggled to keep the smile on my face and decided to see what her move would be.

She looked over (while still keeping the cell phone to her face), smiled and said, "Hey! How are you?"

I enthusiastically replied, "Great! Good to see you!" as I hurried by.

Then I headed to the nearest group of bushes to hide in. I was so embarrased.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:42 AM

    Welcome to my world- I've done that way too many times. Or somebody recognized me from something & I have absolutley no clue who they are. Also a stellar moment.
    It's a classic Anoli move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to play it off though. I especially like the "good to see you" bit.

    And, holy crap, I can't believe you're graduating already! Congrats my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:41 PM

    Dork!

    ReplyDelete