Sorry for the long absence - as some of you know, my computer was on the fritz and then I traveled up north for a few days. I'm back now and the blog is back up and running! Here are some highlights from the past 2 weeks of my absence:
1 - We had the IG Fundraiser/Playdate and it was a huge success!! There were about 30 dogs and we raised over $500.00 for rescue through donations and a raffle. Although it was a scorcher (over 90 degrees!), we had a great turn-out of folks and dogs from all over the state of Florida. Pictures forthcoming!
2 - We took a trip to Rhode Island to see our pals, Herman and Traci, before we head out to Japan this summer. Although it was terribly sad to say good-bye for awhile, we know that these two will be venturing out to visit us in Oki. They have both traveled extensively overseas, especially in Asia, so going across the world is no biggie for them. It was a fun trip, although it was much too short. I'll put up pics later.
3 - Good news on the job front - I'm being considered for a kindergarten position for next school year. Although it's not a elementary position, this could allow me to get my foot in the door to the DoDEA system and allow me to move up in the following years. I'll keep you posted on any updates.
Well, I think that summarizes it for now. I can't believe it's already the end of May! We are starting to really feel the crunch as we begin to seriously consider what will be staying and what will be going with us to Japan. The next few weeks will be busy as we work to go through all our belongings and decide if we can live without them for the next three years or not. Also, the countdown is on as far as my employment at the bookstore - only 2 weeks to go! Although I like the experience of working in a bookstore, I'm definitely ready to move on.
Keep an eye out for photos. I'll get them up within the next 24 hours!
We've missed you at the store. Nothing's changed (at least not for the better) but a few new faces in the mix. The boss is back and he wasted no time in calling me Cowboy, Big Guy, and some other names straight from Bareback Mountain so you can imagine how high my blood pressure has been.
ReplyDeleteThat's a good thing you helped raise money for some needy doggies.
If you guys need any help getting ready for your move, let me know. I'll see if I can find anyone to help you. Seriously, between myself and my brother we'll help anyway we can. See you at B&N... d
Really glad you're back. I missed you!
ReplyDelete