We have a couple trips that we're taking before our big adventure to Okinawa. This morning we arrived in New Hampshire. New England - the six most northeast states for those of you who don't know which states constitute this category (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island) - is considered my "home." I was born and raised in Massachusetts, my family moved to New Hampshire when I was in middle school, as a kid I went to summer camp every year in Maine, and I spent a summer working in Connecticut. So, I have a lot of happy memories when I visit up here. As soon as I stepped off the plane, I noticed the pleasant change in temperature. The weather is a nice break from hot, humid, and sticky Florida, where it's a mere 95-100 degrees out everyday. Here, in New Hampshire, it's warm but there's a breeze and it's not humid, thankfully. The clouds are a little overcast and I think we may get some rain. I love flying into the little Manchester airport and looking over all the hills and forests with little houses tucked about. I've definitely missed all that greenery and the pine trees.
My dad picked us up from the airport and we caught up over subway subs. I'm anxious to hang out with our families and friends knowing that we'll be separated by an ocean for some time. I know we have a lot of visiting on the agenda.
We'll be here for about a week - pictures will be posted soon! Then, we're off to North Dakota to meet and visit with some of Noa's extended family members for several days.
Can't wait to see you both! Looking forward to my link :)
ReplyDeleteI have a blog question for you. I've been unable to upload pics to Blogger.com for about three weeks now. Do you use Picasa to edit your text and multiple pictures? If not, how are you doing all of your updates?
ReplyDeleteAny help is appreciated because it's turning the blog experience into a stressful thing.
And... Hope you both have a nice time in God's Country. It's just too damn hot here.
Glad you made it "home" safe - hope you have a wonderful visit. I know it will hold a lot of reminiscing and a few tears. Will be thinking of you guys. We love you!
ReplyDelete