I know, excuses, excuses. However, there are very, very, very good reason why I haven't been in the blogosphere lately. Most pressing, and now over, was Kindergarten's Celebration of Learning Ceremony (AKA Kindergarten Graduation). You see, it's DoDDS policy that we refrain from referring to this ceremony as graduation or even promotion (although that's exactly what it is). Also, the students may not wear caps or gowns or really anything that may cause one to think, "hmm, looks like that kid is graduating." Although I strongly disagree with this decision, I have to go by these rules and thus sucessfully worked towards our Celebration of Learning Ceremony, which was held on Friday morning.
It was a huge sucess. The kids were cute. And I only messed up reading one name (not bad, in my opinion!).
Just a few photos:
We had a patriotic theme. Here's the stage set-up, complete with the handprint American flag (made by the students, of course).
These tables were for our families.
No comments:
Post a Comment