24 December 2007

Kinder Tradition

In addition to hosting a classroom party, surprising the students with filled stockings, and decorating the whole classroom, Teresa and I have made it a tradition to have the kids make "gingerbread" houses on the day before winter break. The houses are actually graham crackers and we spend the night before making all the houses so that all the students have to do is put on the decorations. It's a big hit - the kids love it! I'll certainly continue this tradition next year!

Here I am with one of the decorated houses. They are really cute!


Like the gingerbread apron? Teresa made them with some kits we bought from Oriental Trading. Gotta love Kindergarten - you can get away with wearing something like this.


Here I am with Teresa in our matching hats and aprons. We are both exhausted in this photo due to all the work and preparation for this last day before the break. It's a well deserved break after all this!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:18 AM

    love the aprons. i think i would cook more if i had an apron like that!

    ReplyDelete