27 March 2008

Champions!

I had to do some photo gathering in order to blog about this past weekend's events.  Sorry it took me so long.

First big news: Noa completed his first triathlon!  He did great and he even got to participate with a bunch of friends from church.   Pictured below are Laura, Jason, Noa, Kent, Tom, Jessie, and Kevin. 
He crosses the finish line!
Not only did he finish the race, but he was on call the night prior and delivered a baby hours before competing!  What a guy!

Second big news: Team Juloa proved to be true poker champions this weekend!!  We went to a poker party on Saturday night in honor of our friend Kent's birthday.  I paired up with Noa (I had never played before) for the big game.  It was pretty fun, although I can't believe how long the game went.  I also learned that your not supposed to show your cards after bluffing - whoops!  

Look we made $50!  
What a team!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Great job TeamJuloa!

    See you in Hawaii in 9 days (8 for you!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh fun! I found out last year that I am actually pretty darned good at poker. But, I wanted to show my cards too! I mean, if I can't brag about how good I bluffed, then what's the point?
    Apparently the other's didn't agree :(
    Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie...I'm a friend of Jess's and I just have to tell you that the last picture of Noa kissing your check is TOO adorable!! You all are so cute together:)

    liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:22 AM

    I feel obligated to set the record straight and destroy any delusions that might now exist about my athletic and poker powers.
    1) the "triathlon" was a "sprint-triathlon"--not like a Lance Armstrong swims and runs a marathon triathlon. 1km swim, 30km bike, 5 km run. I'm just happy to have survived the swim...if you've ever seen the Scrubs episode in which JD runs the triathlon, my experience was somewhat similar. All the guys in that picture smoked me. which wasn't cool...but it was cool to take their money later that night.
    2) Julie was truly the star at Poker, winning a rare team bluff while I was away from the table and looking beautiful all night long.
    3) as for the early morning delivery, I'm gonna have to give the baby's mom most of the credit for that one. But I will take credit for not dropping little Natalie...which was my most important contribution to the effort :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. dude, a triathlon is a triathlon..no matter how big--Nice job.

    Julie--you look adorable in those poker pics!

    ReplyDelete