In case there is anyone still reading this blog....
I've become my own worst enemy with school starting back up again - I've become the epitome of a workaholic. Moving from Kinser to Killin has not been easy and has kept me up at school late into the night trying to figure where to put stuff, how to organize with different furniture, and finding that perfect room arrangement. Since my perfectionistic tendencies prevent me from showing the finished product of my new classroom (I'd like to show pictures that have student work displayed in the room), I can show you the mess that was my classroom about a week or so ago:
However, it hasn't been ALL work and no play. I've been able to fit in a few fun things here and there. Over Labor Day weekend, for instance, I went to Jason and Emily's place for a barbecue. It was a fun evening with friends, kids, and dogs.
Meanwhile, Jackson enjoyed showing off his little sister Grace.
In the few hours that I'm home, I make sure to take the dogs out for a lengthy romp around the neighborhood. One night this sweet Shiba Inu followed us all the way back home. I think he was hoping he'd become the 3rd member of our pack. Unfortunately for him (and fortunately for Noa), I used great restraint in keeping our pack at a healthy 2. However, I did make sure he got plenty of water before heading back to the seawall.
After learning how to jump start a car (thanks, Jay!), I got the "Turtle" back on the road again. I love getting my car cleaned on base. For only 13 bucks, the car is cleaned both inside and out. Check out the operation they have going here. I was in and out in 10 minutes!
Finally, I made it to Okinapa, the annual and very popular wine festival, this past weekend. Thanks to some pressure from Tom and Jason, I decided to go in spite of my lack of sleep from the past week. It was a good decision as I had a blast. Good friends, good wine, good food....it doesn't get much better than that!
Welcome back to the Blogosphere! Great pics. Glad to know the fellas are looking out for you! Thank you for not growing our Hammer pack while I'm away, even if it does break your heart to not take in any and every dog who might need a home.
ReplyDeletethat is the cutest little shiba ever!!! absolutely precious!
ReplyDeleteglad to have a new post, crazy how sometimes life flies by so fast, we forget to blog (SO GUILTY OF THAT!!!)
i'm sure your room will look amazing in due time! love you!
"If anyone is still reading..." ?
ReplyDeleteLike Mom and Dad don't hang on every word on a daily basis (okay, every other day). Dog stories! What a surprise!
I'm reading.
ReplyDeleteDid you take off with Kent's wine glass JoOoOlie?! ;-) No surprise...Kento lost his...but don't think I let mine out of my tight fisted death grip! Hope you are having a GREAT week!
ReplyDeleteTrit
The classroom looks great Julie!
ReplyDelete