Since we've reached the halfway point (woohoo!) of Noa's deployment, I've decided to take a good look at some of the goals and projects I've planned while my better half is gone. I have a bunch of "little projects" left to tackle, like making a beanbag cover for my classroom, hanging some pictures, going through boxes, etc. So, I picked up one of those little projects this weekend and created this:
You may remember over the summer I visited Jess and helped her decorate parts of her house. We found these matching bulletin boards and decided to make them into necklace boards using pins to hang the necklaces (see link above for pics). Unfortunately, in the shipping process, my cork board got busted and the frame sustained a few dings. So, I ripped off the cork, stapled on some screening (thank you 100 Yen store!), touched up the dings with a Sharpie and - voila! - my new earring screen. Functional and decorative!
LOVE IT!! Kate will be very proud, as she has one of those earring screens too :)
ReplyDeleteGood idea going back over your project list...the time will slip away fast, so be productive!! So glad you're at the halfway point!
Why aren't there any necklaces on the Necklace Board? They look a lot like earrings to me, but then, I am a guy.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOops - I fixed that typo - it's an earring screen now. Guess I had necklaces on the brain. Maybe that means it's time to go shopping??
ReplyDeleteGreat job Julie!
ReplyDeleteOkay. Now the world makes sense. Except for the part about having a daughter with eight arms, that is.
ReplyDeletefreaking love it!!! you will find it so handy to have, i am sure!!
ReplyDelete