04 August 2010

Last Days

Our last days in Okinawa were spent finishing up final to-dos and enjoying our favorite things on the island.  During the last night in our apartment, there was a large fireworks display outside our window.  We have watched many of these over the years, but this display had some new designs, like this one that exploded near the surface of the water.  It was pretty amazing.

We ate at Sams-by-the-Sea, complete with fruity drinks and paper bibs.

And, the oh-so-good curry soup with garlic croutons.

And then there was the last pedicure at Cocoks....I chose a black color with colorful flowers and yellow butterflies. I wanted something tropical to remind me of the island.

During our last days on the island we lived in the WestPac, a hotel on base.  It was an extremely busy week with Noa tying up lose ends at work, getting the Capa sold, saying good-bye to friends, and checking out of our apartment.  On travel day, July 24, we loaded up a couple cars with suitcases and dog crates and headed to the airport.  The dogs were pretty anxious at the airport, but I think I was worse.  I was very nervous about flying the dogs since they had to be in separate crates and fly in the cargo area of the plane.  It didn't help that we had to wait in a massive line that seemed to move at a snail's pace.

Gunnar kept nervously licking the inside of his crate while we waited in line.

We landed in Seattle-Tacoma airport on the same day, after about 16 hours of travel, we grabbed our bags and headed to the opposite area of the baggage claim to pick up our pups and see how they fared.  Although they were crying a little, they looked like they were in good shape and ready to get out of the crates.

They weren't covered in filth, which I was afraid would happen, so we didn't have to worry about cleaning them up right away, but I knew they were crossing their legs.  So, we whisked the crates outta there and headed outside to give them a much needed bathroom break.  After that, we got in line for a rental car and prepared for our next adventure in Washington!


1 comment:

  1. it is always such a relief to be at the end of flying when all went well! I am glad you all made it! Welcome to your new home state

    ReplyDelete