11 October 2011

Dog of the Day

I haven't done a "Dog of the Day" post in awhile and I thought that it might be time to do so.  One of the HUGE perks of my job at the Kitsap Humane Society is the opportunity to have canine visitors in my office.  I try to choose dogs who would benefit from experiencing the sights and sounds of an office without getting too wound up.  This time away from the kennel is often referred to as "real room time" at the shelter.  Experiencing real room time is a great training tool for these shelter dogs because they learn to behave and experience an environment similar to a home atmosphere.  This, in turn, helps with their transition into a new home when they do get adopted.

So, here are some of my canine friends who have visited the office lately.  I love them all!!

Here's Buster:


He loves the Kong.  It's filled with peanut butter and food.


And, sweet, shy Missy:


She loves those head and neck scratches.


And today's pal, Elvis:


Awww.....


No comments:

Post a Comment