18 October 2011

Parents & Projects

We were recently blessed with a visit from Noa's parents.  With baby Hammer's arrival a little over a month away, we have a lot to do around here, especially in terms of house projects.  In come the parents and things started getting done!

We did some serious yard work....we were able to clear out weeds, lay out weed blocker, lay down mulch, and get a hole dug for a tree (we hope to plant a Japanese maple soon!).


The weeds are gone!




The mulch is down!  Now we just need to get that tree.


Sadie enjoyed playing a supervisor role while basking in the sun.


They taught us how to prune our trees the correct way.  This maple in front was looking really full and completely covering the front window.  Now we can actually see the trunk and look out the window at our yard.  Don't you just love the color change going on?!  I love fall!


Carol helped me with some other garden activities, like what to plant in this box since the last plants kicked the bucket.  We decided to plant this colorful kale.


We (Noa and his parents, I chose to stay away from the fumes) finished painting the kitchen cabinets.*  This was one of those projects that had been going on and on.  I have a few minor things to finish on them, but overall, they are good to go!!


White on top and gray on the bottom.  I love it!


Carol and Noa also hung shelves in the hallway closet, but I've yet to organize that, so no photo for the blog....sorry, folks.

It wasn't all work and no play.  Carol and I got in a little shopping in downtown Poulsbo.  We had to stop for coffee, of course.


And we all went out to have a belated birthday dinner for Noa.  We ordered one of each of the desserts offered on the menu.


I'm so glad Jack and Carol got to make it out before the baby comes.  It was fun to get prepared for her arrival and visit with them before the craziness of life with baby begins.  I'm already looking forward to their next visit.  Thanks for everything, Jack and Carol!  You two make things happen!




*The kitchen cabinet project deserves a whole blog post, which will come at a later time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment