01 June 2012

Scenes from Grandma's Visit

I'm always kicking myself after we have guests visit for not taking enough photos.  I'm not a photographer at all, but I love to capture memories.  Several years ago, Noa bought me a really nice DSLR and I love it, but really need to learn how to use it manually and take good pictures to capture memories.  Not only that, but photos make perfect blog fodder.  Grandma's recent visit was no exception to my lacking in photographic skills (sometimes I look back at pictures and think, "why did I have them stand in front of a window?!  Why is the flash on?!  What was I doing?!).  Still, I was able to remember my camera at times and manage to capture a few sweet moments of Grandma and Ruby.

All dressed up before church:

Grandma gave Ruby a bath.  Looks like Ruby preferred the bath over the monkey towel afterwards.  She is not looking amused.


Eating out at The Loft in downtown Poulsbo. 


This picture was taken when Noa insisted the family go on a walk outside.  In the rain.  In 50 degree weather.  I insisted Ruby get bundled up.  We dug her snowsuit out of the closet.  

In May.

Nice.


Three Generations!


This picture makes me laugh because it looks like Carol (grandma) is really short.  She's not taller than Noa, but this photo kinda distorts her height. At least she and Ruby were showing great enthusiasm.


Lastly, here's a photo of just Noa and his mom.  This was after we were treated to a lovely dinner out in downtown Pouslbo.  Afterwards, we stopped for ice cream and then walked along the waterfront.  It doesn't get much better than this!  We're keeping our fingers crossed that Grandma can come and visit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment