Isn't it funny how you really don't appreciate or know your town/city until guests arrive? While Noa's mom was visiting, we were able to enjoy Poulsbo on several occasions. I realized that every time I walk through our small downtown, I really love it. Poulsbo is just so cute and can be so picturesque, especially when the sun is out (sometimes a rarity here in the Pacific Northwest). I love that our little city has Norwegian roots, hosts small festivals and quaint downtown shops. It just makes me happy to be here and I'm so glad we found such a place to settle for a few years.
The waterfront is absolutely beautiful at the end of the day. There's a nice little paved walkway that goes right along the water and stretches from one end of Front Street (our main street) to the other. Walking along this path, with my family, watching the boats, people, and of course, dogs, is so serene and relaxing. I love it.
We drove around on a beautiful evening and looked at some of the gardens and fun houses that Poulsbo has to offer. I deemed this Craftsman my favorite. It is so quaint and it has an amazing front porch! If it only had an attached garage and a fenced yard, it would be perfection! I decided that I could live there tomorrow if the option presented itself.
Another day, we visited a local park, called Poulsbo Fish Park. I had been meaning to go here for a while now since it's near a Thai restaurant that we frequent. The park has a bunch of nature trails and as the name suggest, a fish theme. See what I mean....
I still need to spend more time here and try all the trails. I'm looking forward to taking the dogs and Ruby. But, it's a fun little find, for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment