It's been far too long since my last post and there is a lot to catch up on. Here are some of the highlights of the past few weeks:
We've been doing a lot of celebrating! Father's Day (Noa's first!!), birthdays (mine and Gunnar's), and today's reason to celebrate - the 4th of July! One of the reasons for the delay in blog posting is because I got a new computer (yippee!), but now some stuff is on the new computer and some is still on the old. I'm in the process of transferring my info over to the new computer, but it takes time. Plus, I'm weeding through old photos and trying to organize them a little better, so it's becoming a major project.
My birthday fell on Father's Day this year. For his first Father's Day gift, Ruby gave Noa some artwork for his office. I think it turned out pretty cute (hopefully I'll get to blog about it later).
Gunnar's birthday was celebrated a little late since I was out of town (more on that in a minute), but I always try to do a little something for the dogs to celebrate their special day. He got a doggie ice cream cone cookie, but I made him share it. I know, I know....I'm mean. But in all fairness, Sadie had to share her birthday cookie a few months ago. Gunnar is now 7 years old!
I spent a week in Colorado, visiting Mike and Jess, who recently welcomed their son, Brady, into the world. It was such a special experience to spend time with Mike and Jess and our BABIES. It seems like so long ago that we talked about having babies "someday." Now that someday is here. We spent many hours oohing and ahhing over all their little antics. Their little guy is adorable and so sweet.
Ruby wasn't so sure what to think of him. But she was happy to hang out with him anyway.
We tried to take the babies out everyday. I loved taking them out for a walk in the strollers. It was crazy hot in Colorado, but thankfully the winds picked up and made it bearable.
Oh, and you know what is ridiculous? This is the ONLY photo Jess and I took of us with our babies. Seriously, that is just not right!
Brady is so sweet. He almost makes me miss the newborn stage.
Almost.
I have a few other friends who are expecting their own babies soon. So, I've been baking up a storm, making cookies for baby showers. I was pleased with how they turned out, especially since I had never made these designs before.
We are also dog-sitting for a very friendly, submissive beagle mix named Betsy. She is very sweet and gets along great with our dogs. She's a slave to a good belly rub and I've nicknamed her wiggle-butt, since her whole rear end doesn't stop wagging.
She is also a big fan of the sun spots that peek through our skylights.
And then, there's today - the fourth of July! We actually had a very low-key day since Noa had to work on a work project and we had some serious yard work to tend to. Still, we got to hear fireworks from the neighbor kids and spend time together in the beautiful weather outside, so I consider it a good fourth of July. Happy Independence Day!








No comments:
Post a Comment