03 September 2012

Belated: 9 Months!

Ruby turned 9 months old back in mid-August, but I am so behind on blogging that I'm just getting to it now!  Thankfully, I did take the photos back on her 9-month birthday, it was just the post that didn't get done on time.  So, again...let's rewind, shall we?  Oh, and you may remember that each month I take her picture in a 12-month onesie.  It doesn't fit yet, but it's getting closer!  I actually put her in it tonight for bed and had to roll the sleeves since they were so long, so the picture is a little misleading.


Age: 9 months
Weight: still not yet 15 pounds (weighed at home)
Length: 27 inches
Sleep: sleeps in her crib, wakes 1 - 2 times a night; typically takes 2 naps each day
Eating: formula, some breastfeeding, 6 - 8 oz of solids a day, still eating infant cereal mixed with solids, likes Mum-Mum rice crackers, Gerber puffs, Arrowroot cookies, cut up pasta, and quinoa 
Appearance: blue eyes, light blond hair, wearing 6 - 9 month clothes, 6 teeth (2 bottom, 4 top)
Skills: can sit, roll, pull to a stand, crawl (very, very good at this!), babble, repeat dada and some other sounds, has basic pincer grasp, grabs toys and passes from hand to hand, "dances" to music, gives good eye contact and smiles!


At 9 months old, Ruby is on the go!  She is ALWAYS moving.  She rolls, crawl, scoots, and can even pull herself up on furniture.  In fact, it was really hard to take her photos by myself since she kept moving!  Plus, she started to get really interested in the camera (or anything else she's NOT supposed to have, like shoes, the dog dishes, the fireplace, paper....).


See what I mean?  It's blurry because she was GOING.


I ended up with a lot of backside shots since she wouldn't stay still.  Ruby loves crawling over to the sliding glass doors and planting her mouth right on the glass.  Needless to say, the windows are getting cleaned a lot more often than pre-Ruby.


She is now sporting a total of SIX teeth, since the top four are poking their way through.  Teething still isn't fun, but her teeth are awfully cute.


She still sucks her thumb....


And gives a very pensive look when she's trying to figure out something.


When Ruby is concentrating, she'll babble and/or make these monotone sounds.  She can be very focused on a task, although if something doesn't go her way, she can get easily frustrated (sounds like her mama!) and will let me know right away.


Her eyes are still very, very blue.  They slay me every time.


Wherever Ruby is in the house, you'll find me.  

Wherever you find me, you'll find Gunnar.  

He continues to be my shadow, but is wonderful with Ruby (she's finally outgrowing him as you can see from the picture below).  I think the two of them will become good buddies as she gets older.  She is actually quite gentle with the dogs and has only reached for their tails and ears a few times.  When she does, she is so careful and slow.  It's like watching her in slow motion.  I'm always right there when she tries to touch the dogs.  Both Noa and I are working on teaching her to pet their backs instead.  We're still working on that one.  She just can't resist those floppy ears!


Ruby Joy has grown so much just in one month, it's alarming how quickly she is changing and learning new things.  Ten months is right around the corner!


1 comment: