31 December 2012

December Recap

I didn't post much this past month due to holiday craziness, but it's been an awesome month and Ruby's second Christmas was very special this year.  Here are some highlights from the month:

Christmas in Florida
We were so blessed to be able to spend Christmas with Noa's family this year.  It was crazy and fun to go to the beach on Christmas Day!



Walking!  Sort of....
Ruby is starting to walk.  She's been able to stand, push, and cruise along furniture for a couple of months now, but at the beginning of December (December 2nd, to be exact), she took her first steps.  She can take about 5 - 10 steps on her own now and she loves to walk while holding on to someone's finger.  She did a lot of this kind of walking in Florida.  It won't be too long now before she's toddling along on her own.




Mike, Jess, and Brady Visit
Early in December we had a wonderful visit with the Apostles.  Our visits together are even more meaningful now that we have children.  It is touching to see these two together as they grow and become part of our families.




First Snow!
We had our first snow of the season and it was a big one!  We lost power for a full day, which made staying home with a toddler very interesting to say the least.  It was beautiful though and I just love when it snows during the Christmas season.




New Furniture
Our Christmas gifts to each other now reside in our large living room.  I'm so glad to finally have seating in this space, as Ruby will begin to use this space more for playtime and I'll have a place to sit.  I'm already scheming on how to decorate and light up this spot, but for now I'm enjoying our new additions.



New Ride!
Ruby got her "big girl" car seat that will hopefully stay with her for many, many years.  We chose a Diono Radian RXT for her and so far, she seems to like it and it traveled well to Florida.


Hope that your Christmas and New Years was a fun, blessed event!  
We look forward to what next year will bring!  Bring on 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment