10 January 2013

1st Haircut!

It was definitely time for Ruby's hair to get a trim.  Although I love her sweet, baby-fine blonde locks, her hair seems to grow from the back and less on top.  So, I had to trim the mullet that was starting to reside on my daughter's head.  I don't have a great photo of how it was starting to look, but you can kind of see the how the back was getting pretty long in this photo.


It would look worse after she'd ride in the car seat or take a nap because it would be flat.  So, I seized upon a recent opportunity.  Noa held Ruby on the kitchen counter and distracted her with small dishes drying on the bottle rack.  I wet a comb and trimmed just the very back of her hair - probably about 1/4"- 1/2".  She didn't flinch (yes!) since she was occupies with the stuff on the counter.  I promptly stuck her hair in a little plastic bag to save.


She now has a cute little bob cut.  Although I love it, it does make me a little sad to see her looking more and more like a little girl and less like a baby.  


No comments:

Post a Comment