Mila turned 7 months on October 11th. I am amazed at how quickly she is growing and changing. I know that within the blink of an eye her first year will be over, so I'm trying to really savor the moments when I can.

Age: 7 months
Weight: 15.4 pounds
Length: almost 27 inches
Sleep: started sleep training (yay!), sleeps in her crib in her own room, wakes 2 - 3 times a night to feed, naps during the day anywhere from 20 minutes (typical) to 1.5 hours
Eating: formula (about 70% of the time) and breastfed (30%), started solids (rice cereal, peas, beans, and avocado)
Appearance: brownish-gray eyes, blondish hair, wearing 3 - 6 month clothes and some 6 - 9 month clothes, two bottom teeth, two top teeth and two more top teeth on the way!
Can: crawling backwards and side to side (circles), LOVES jumping in her jumparoo, makes vocalizations/baby babble, recognizes familiar faces, reaches for things, tries to suck her thumb/fingers
Look closely at the photo above…you can see the two teeth that popped out this month. Two more are on their way!
Mila is starting to get the hang of eating solids, although she doesn't seem to love the veggies yet. She'll start out with smiles, but it usually becomes a little bit of a game to get her to finish them.
The jumperoo is her new favorite toy. She'll bounce around, even if one of her feet get bought in the seat…not that that's happened, of course.
It's obviously exhausting work.
Generally, Mila continues to be a happy baby. She is pretty smiley towards strangers and other children. She is always grabbing toys and trying to put them in her mouth. She also loves to watch her sister dance and do silly antics around the house.
Here she is getting better at crawling! She hasn't quite figured out how to go forward yet, but I'm pretty sure she'll figure it out in a matter of days. Go, Mila, go!
Ah, sleep training….we've been using every sleep tool known to man, except swaddling because she can now break out of a swaddle. We do, however, have sound machines, binkies, a monitor, and this little suit that seems to help her stay calm and flail a little less during the night. We call it her snowsuit.
She doesn't seem to mind it.
I've started to put her in more headbands since the Spanish question her gender when we are out and about. It's common here for baby girls to have their ears pierced as a newborn, so she's not in the norm. She doesn't seem to mind the accessories, so I'm using them a little more now.
And lastly, here's a recent selfie of me and Mila.










No comments:
Post a Comment