29 January 2006

Lovely, Simple Weekend


It's been a great weekend.

It started with a date night with Noa (see the post below). Saturday I had my bi-weekly class, which I really enjoy actually (call me a dork, but this educational pyschology is interesting - we are studying classical and operant conditioning). Saturday evening, Jess and I got to hang out and spend Saturday night together making a new blog for her and watching "Newlyweds" episodes. She took some amazing pics of the dogs, a couple of which I'm including in today's post. She's incredible with a digital camera. I can't wait to say, "I knew her when..."

But I digress....today brought another trip to the dog park like last Sunday. As usual it was heavenly. There were 6 other IGs there today!! Plus, on the way out we saw some friends who have a huge great dane (who looks like he's dressed as a dalmation) and 2 adorable German Shorthair Pointers that inspire* me. Also, Noa and I studied Japanese some more (Nihonga ga wakarimas ka?), he got my iPod Nano up and running (oh yeah, now I'm living in the 21st century), and I got to use my new (well, from Christmas anyway) asparagus steamer (thanks, Mom!). It doesn't take much to make me happy, but all these things were definite highlights of my weekend.

I love the simplicity of it all - hanging out with friends, watching dvds, going to the park. It's such simple, easy fun - I cherish every minute of it. Sadly, it ends much too soon.

*For those of you who don't know, this is the next breed of dog I would like to own. Whenever I see this couple, I always ask a million questions about there GSPs. I'm sure they get annoyed with it, but I want to be informed and learn as much as I can and these people are friendly and helpful. I really want one...someday.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could've come with!! But I did get a good nap in :) I'm so glad you got to see your GSPs, and sad that I missed my Rottie friends. Maybe next weekend... See you Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:20 PM

    Those pictures are REALLY impressive. I LOVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete