A puppy. A Hubby (not mine). A Language.

Yesterday, Bettina invited me to join her in the morning to pick up her new IG puppy from the airport. The little girl is so cute and Louie (from previous posts) seems thrilled. Bettina and her family have been through a lot in order to bring a happy, healthy puppy into their home and I think they are just going to love her!! Who couldn't resist this adorable face?! Her coloring is similar to Gunnar's, except her muzzle is very blue (Gunnar's is white and blue) and her body is mostly all a light fawn. She's a sweetheart and she did well playing in the yard yesterday, considering she had been in a crate all morning on the airplane. She doesn't have a name yet, but I'll keep you updated.

Yesterday, Bettina invited me to join her in the morning to pick up her new IG puppy from the airport. The little girl is so cute and Louie (from previous posts) seems thrilled. Bettina and her family have been through a lot in order to bring a happy, healthy puppy into their home and I think they are just going to love her!! Who couldn't resist this adorable face?! Her coloring is similar to Gunnar's, except her muzzle is very blue (Gunnar's is white and blue) and her body is mostly all a light fawn. She's a sweetheart and she did well playing in the yard yesterday, considering she had been in a crate all morning on the airplane. She doesn't have a name yet, but I'll keep you updated.
**EDITED TO ADD: I just found out that this little cutie got herself a name: Maya. Cute!

Late last night we went with Jess to welcome Mike home at the airport. He had been away for two weeks to do some training with the Army Reserves. Jess made a cute sign that read: MISSING: ONE HUSBAND. It was a pretty comical welcome home since the planes had been delayed due to weather, so that by the time Mike was walking off the gate, Jess had run to do a quick bathroom stop, Noa was talking with some people to get flight information, and I was left waiting alone. So when I spotted Mike, I gave him a warm, welcome home hug and tried to get him to go back in order to do it all over again so that Jess could greet him with her sign.
Anyway, I'm glad he's back since the four of us hang out all the time and it gets weird when one person is gone. It's kinda like missing your right arm or something. It's good to have our right arm back (by the way, I put Jess' blog on my links - check it out!).

Finally, for those of you who don't know, Noa and I are slowly trying to learn some conversational Japanese. Although it's somewhat difficult and takes time and practice, we are actually really enjoying the process and it's a fun car activity, which makes the 45-minute treks to Mike and Jess' house very productive. The fun part is coming up with ways to remember the words. For instance, the word "you" in Japanese is "anata wa" and we remember it by thinking "another one". We've been using the Pimsleur method, which involves listening and repetition, which seems dull, but we actually enjoy it and it seems to be working! Sayonara!

Late last night we went with Jess to welcome Mike home at the airport. He had been away for two weeks to do some training with the Army Reserves. Jess made a cute sign that read: MISSING: ONE HUSBAND. It was a pretty comical welcome home since the planes had been delayed due to weather, so that by the time Mike was walking off the gate, Jess had run to do a quick bathroom stop, Noa was talking with some people to get flight information, and I was left waiting alone. So when I spotted Mike, I gave him a warm, welcome home hug and tried to get him to go back in order to do it all over again so that Jess could greet him with her sign.
Anyway, I'm glad he's back since the four of us hang out all the time and it gets weird when one person is gone. It's kinda like missing your right arm or something. It's good to have our right arm back (by the way, I put Jess' blog on my links - check it out!).

Finally, for those of you who don't know, Noa and I are slowly trying to learn some conversational Japanese. Although it's somewhat difficult and takes time and practice, we are actually really enjoying the process and it's a fun car activity, which makes the 45-minute treks to Mike and Jess' house very productive. The fun part is coming up with ways to remember the words. For instance, the word "you" in Japanese is "anata wa" and we remember it by thinking "another one". We've been using the Pimsleur method, which involves listening and repetition, which seems dull, but we actually enjoy it and it seems to be working! Sayonara!
Thanks again for going with me to pick up Mike from the airport - it made the wait more fun, obviously, but also having a Hammer-Apostle reunion made it a perfect homecoming for him!! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteThat puppy is adorable. Let's name him Cowboy. Or better yet, J.T., T.D., or the ever popular Big Man. You can have Larry come over after work and throw names at him all night. See which one fit best. How about Blue Light Bad Boy?
ReplyDeleteYour blog is looking good. Mine is a little addictive, which keeps me away from Monster.com and other sites of questionable content.
I want to check out that dog park this weekend if the weather is nice. Hopefully, Rosco can refrain from removing limbs from the other frolicking animals.
Later. -d