

Yesterday we recieved a package from Canada-land. It was new collars from our friend Trish at Dog Dayz!
I never thought I'd be one of those pet owners who dress up my dogs in frilly outfits and take them about town in a bag. I won't do that - and I refuse to put them in a bag, unless absolutely necessary, like on a plane. But, by owning Italian Greyhounds, I found that their need for warmer clothes when its cool (they don't have much body fat, in case you haven't noticed) is a fun way to express each of their personalities, but still meet their need. Yet although I've vowed to never become one of those dress-em-up-and-take-em-out types, my closet has a small bin with a collection of coats, shirts, and sweaters! Oh my gosh, I may actually be turning into that crazy dog lady!! Maybe it's a maternal instinct of sorts being projected onto my furkids or maybe I am going too far, but I promise you - neither of them will wear a frilly dress ever!
I've found that having a selection of different collars for the dogs is a fun way to change things up a bit and show some personality without subjecting them to "let's play dress up" . So, after finding Trish, who makes the best martingales money can buy, I've begun to build up a collection. Gunnar is sporting his new "evergreen" stripes collar and Sadie is celebrating V-day with "huggy kisses" (Noa cannot believe I bought this one for her. With all the pink and the hearts, he thinks I'm going off the deep end!).
I, of course, think the pink hearts collar is beautiful :) The two of them look great in their new "outfits"!!
ReplyDeleteThe dogs look great! Can't wait to see you next weekend! ~Erica
ReplyDeleteJulie, first, and most important of course: congrats on the blog. I am very excited at this new venture of yours.
ReplyDeleteSecond. They look great. Even Sadie in her super girly getup.
At least you don't make them wear shoes. I recently saw a photo of some celebrity (can't remember her name...blonde...) who had put a hat, the obligatory dress and red shoes on her pug. The poor thing looked miserable.