So, I've been working at the customer service desk at the bookstore this week and it never ceases to amaze me the kind of things people ask or say to me:
"I like this map book, but it's from 2003. Does the company have a more recent edition?....No? Well, then can you sell this to me for 50% off since it's old?"
"Hello, um, yes. Do you carry any books put out by St. Martins Press*? Oh, you do. Which ones?"
"I'm looking for a book and I don't know the title or the author, except that his name begins with a D and the book is about society."
The last comment happens much too frequently than one would like to believe. When I've had a day full of these comments, I just keep repeating the mantra: I love my job. I love my job. I love my job.
"I like this map book, but it's from 2003. Does the company have a more recent edition?....No? Well, then can you sell this to me for 50% off since it's old?"
"Hello, um, yes. Do you carry any books put out by St. Martins Press*? Oh, you do. Which ones?"
"I'm looking for a book and I don't know the title or the author, except that his name begins with a D and the book is about society."
The last comment happens much too frequently than one would like to believe. When I've had a day full of these comments, I just keep repeating the mantra: I love my job. I love my job. I love my job.
*St. Martins Press is a one of America's largest publishing companies and puts out about 700 titles a year.
I love these kind of questions, and share your frustration!! Good post :)
ReplyDelete